A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand new, newly renovated, rebranded, or relocated business. Your ribbon cutting is an important part of your overall marketing plan and the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce is here to help!
What does the chamber do for my ribbon cutting?
- The chamber will include your ribbon cutting in the online events calendar and announce it in
the weekly newsletter.
- Based on your preference, the chamber will invite ambassadors , chamber members, local
officials, and/or press outlets.
- The chamber will provide the big scissors, bow, and ribbon for the event.
- At least one chamber staff representative will attend the ribbon cutting and provide remarks.
- After the event, the chamber will share photos and/or video from the ribbon cutting.
What do I do for my ribbon cutting?
- Ribbon cuttings are a complementary service for our members. If you're not a member yet,
complete your online application here.
- Confirm your date and time with chamber staff at least 2 weeks prior. We will do our best to
accommodate your preference depending on our availability.
- Invite your friends, family, fans, and customers to join in the celebration by attending your ribbon cutting. You could do this through an email invitation, Facebook event, letter, etc.
- Prepare to say a few words to your guests at the event. You may choose to introduce your staff,
offer a facility tour, or simply thank the attendees for celebrating with you and your team.
- Prepare a place for the photo opportunity and ribbon cutting to take place. Typically, the best
place is at your front door or in front of a logo inside your facility.
ribbon cutting. You could do this through an email invitation, Facebook event, letter, etc.
- The best times to schedule are on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 10-3.
- Make it a party! Small decorations like balloons or signage and light refreshments can make a
big impact on the celebratory feel of the event.
- Encourage people to attend by offering door prizes, exclusive coupons, etc. for your guests.
- Market the event on your social media pages.